This article explains how to build your own online cloud motiondetection and objectdetection camera from a Raspberry PI.
The complete configuration is done trough your webbrowser. After these instructions you'll be able to manage your camera from https://motiondetection.be/
Don't want to build your own camera? Buy a camera from us!
Contact us for a qoute for a handmade and pre-configured Raspberry Pi motiondetection.be camera.
- You will need the following:
- Raspberry PI
This article was tested on: Raspberry PI3, Raspberry Zero W 1.1, Raspberry zero 1.3 with Ethernet USB, Raspberry PI2
- USB camera or Raspberry CSI Camera
- Micro-SD card (4GB or more, class 10)
- motiondetection.be system image.
- Extra ethernet/Wifi USB or ethernet cable
- Raspberry PI case
Instructions to burn Micro-SD card:
- Burn your motiondetection.be Micro-SD card image:
- Install https://etcher.io to write the image to your micro-SD card
- our motiondetection.be Raspberry image.
- Connect an SD card reader with the SD card inside.
- Open Etcher and select 'raspbian-stretch-lite-motiondetection.be.img.zip' from your hard drive.
- Select the SD card you wish to write your image to.
- Click 'Flash!' to begin writing data to the SD card.
Instructions to build your camera:
- Build your Raspberry PI cloud camera:
- Insert the SD-card into your Raspberry pi board.
- Connect your Camera with the CSI port on the Raspberry
- Place your Raspberry pi into it's casing and close
- Connect your USB Camera to the USB port of your Raspberry Pi
Instructions to configure your camera:
- Power your Raspberry surveillance cloud camera:
- First boot may take up to 5 minutes on the Raspberry Pi Zero, wait while the system installs itself.
- Connect to the newly created Wifi accesspoint "motioncam" and password "motiondetection" with your smartphone.
- Surf to webpage http://10.0.0.1 and login with your login + uploadKey (Defaults: uploadUser: [empty] Password: motiondetection)
- Set your camera network hostname
- Set your Motiondetection.be Login + uploadKey
- Connect your camera to your network:
- Select your WIFI access point:
- Choose your Wifi SSID
- Set your WIFI password
- Check "Reboot & apply configuration" & click "Save"
Your camera is ready:
- Your camera is now ready to manage from https://motiondetection.be/watch.php
- Watch & download your uploaded motions.
- Reboot, shutdown, update/upgrade your camera.
- Change cameras settings: resolution,name,detection speed, notification emails,...
- Install motiondetection.be object-detection. (Detect persons, vehicles, animals,... )
Please contact us if we can help you with these settings.